6 tTBS (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
3 TBS honey
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
3. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the banana, stirring until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 10 to 12 minutes.
6. For muffin frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the mascarpone cheese and then beat in the honey. Spread the frosting over the muffins. Top with walnuts.